Does anyone still wonder what the ultimate effect of this drivel might be?
Take a look at Fire Dog Lake's account of the results of the latest Harris poll. While you are looking at it, remember that this sort of public opinion can only come from one source.
Folks could never cook something like this up all on their own.
This is why we must break away from the idea that we will get credible information from the US domestic media.
|By: Blue Texan Tuesday March 23, 2010 10:30 am|
No, this isn’t an Onion headline. Yes, it is yet another poll that shows Republicans are out of their f**ck*ng minds.
On the heels of health care, a new Harris poll reveals Republican attitudes about Obama: Two-thirds think he’s a socialist, 57 percent a Muslim—and 24 percent say “he may be the Antichrist.”
In fairness, that question was clearly designed to make conservatives look bad. I mean, it’s completely possible that Obama may be the Antichrist. Has anyone thoroughly checked him for the Mark of the Beast? How can really we be sure?
Other findings of the Harris poll, due out tomorrow, include:
- 67 percent of Republicans (and 40 percent of Americans overall) believe that Obama is a socialist
- 45 percent of Republicans (25 percent overall) agree with the Birthers in their belief that Obama was “not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president”
- 38 percent of Republicans (20 percent overall) say that Obama is “doing many of the things that Hitler did”
I’m surprised that only about half of the polled Goopers are birthers — that feels low to me.
But we shouldn’t be surprised that nearly 40% think he’s the second coming of Adolf Hitler, since elected Republicans and clowns like Glenn Beck and the Pantload make the comparison often.
Nice party you’ve got there, GOP.
- New WaPo/ABC Poll: Public Option Nearly Three Times More Popular Than GOP
- In Re-Election Bid, Blanche Lincoln Getting Crushed by John Boozman, Says New Poll
- National Review Apparently Unaware that Substantial Majority of Republicans Reject Evolution
- The Republican Brand in Ruins: 75% of Americans Dislike Republicans; Over 70% Think Palin’s Not Qualified to be President
- Our Political Situation In A Nutshell
There's still time to start watching the Lehrer News Hour (Albuquerque, channel 5, KNME) on PBS at 5:30! You'll catch up with some of the facts in no time.